February 9 and 16, 2020
9 am – 4 pm
Make a Simple Turning Stand Out
Goal: Students will learn how to use different burning, texturing, carving and coloring techniques in order to give a simple turning higher visual appeal.
In this class you will learn:
- To visualize a project in order to plan ahead.
- The advantages of using alternative methods for mounting wood on the lathe.
- Pros and cons of using power or hand tools
- To use and sharpen hand carving gouges
- To use rotary tools to easily apply texture
- To identify grain direction in order to achieve optimal cuts
- To layout pleasing lines for embellishing.
- To use color to highlight carved or textured areas
At the end teacher and students will discus and critique the pieces made during this class.