Length: 9 Weeks
If you miss a class, you should attend the make-up class on Sunday at noon. There is a $25 fee.
Introduction to Woodworking is a nine week course that serves as the preliminary class in our three course furniture making series. Here you will have an opportunity to learn about the characteristics of wood and the basic principals of woodworking through lectures, demonstrations, and most importantly, practical application.
Focusing primarily on the use of hand tools, you will learn how to use a saw, chisel, and hand planes. You’ll learn to sharpen chisels using grinders, water stones and sand paper.
You will learn to make a variety of joints, including: lap joints, bridle joints, mortise and tenon joints and dovetail joints. These joints will be used in the construction of your projects, which will be a hinge mortise, two picture frames, and an exercise in through dovetails.
You’ll also use the router table, and various hand-held power sanders while working on your projects.
To comply with social distancing class size is limited to 10 students per class. Masks are currently required.
Choose a class and remember your day/time and start date! Mark your calendar.
Registration for the Spring (March)Session is open.
- Mondays, 5:00-7:30 pm, March 14-May 9, 2022(Full), or
- Mondays, 7:30-10:00 pm, March 14-May 9, 2022(Full), or
- Tuesdays, 5:00-7:30 pm, March 15-May 10, 2022, or
- Tuesdays, 7:30-10:00 pm, March 15-May 10, 2022(Full), or
- Wednesdays, 5:00-7:30 pm, March 16-May 11, 2022(Full), or
- Wednesdays, 7:30-10:00 pm, March 16-May 11, 2022(Full), or
- Thursdays, 12:00-2:30 pm, March 17-May 12, 2022(Full), or
- Thursdays, 6:30-9:00 pm, March 17-May 12, 2022(Full), or
- Saturdays, 9:30 am-12:00 pm, March 19-May 14, 2022(Full), or
- Saturdays, 12:30-3:00 pm, March 19-May 14, 2022(Full).
Select a Day/Time:
Note: when you register through PayPal, we receive your registration. You will not receive a separate confirmation from the school. See you in class!
- Students will be given access to all tools needed for this course and all materials will be provided.
- You will be required to bring a notebook, pen, and pencil.
- It is recommended that you dress expecting to get some sawdust on your clothing.
- If you miss your class, we offer a make-up on Sundays at 12:00 pm (noon). There is a $25 fee.
- We do not send out emails to let you know you have registered.
- You must notify us one week before the start of your class if you need to cancel in order to receive a partial refund. The $50 registration fee is non-refundable. After the start of your class, no refunds are given.